Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Sane, sober and single.

Are bachelorette pads supposed to be all full of white lace and iced pink gingham? Or are you supposed to go all cougar-ish with leopard print bedspreads and black vinyl throw cushions?
I'm not sure. I am still trying to get used to decorating a place without a partner involved. It seems I have spent half of my life doing "compromise" interior design; so much energy trying to work around bloody big stereo speakers and giant tv screens...football posters, cheesy girlie shots, or beer ads, and there's no way of feminising a porch wall full of proudly displayed hand saws (looked like a wall of death)....now it's all down to you, your bucket of paint and your divorced household leftovers to create a new environment. You begin to realize that everything around you is a little statement about you. I have my family photos. I have food in my cupboard. I have my paintings and sketches on my walls.

I have a single bed.


No comments: