Saturday, March 3, 2012

The anti affirmation

If words are important, and shape our futures, why are there so many stupid
sayings hanging around? At the risk of being accused of "having no sense of
humor" (the war cry of the non empathic), I feel very often like stopping people
from hanging their word shit on me. Concious or not, it often strikes me as little more
than passive aggressive verbal abuse by its arrogant projectors:

"anti affirmations" like "Bless your crooked little heart"
and "you are a mess" and "Jesus loves you." I've even heard "keep coming back"
used as a sarcastic taunt.

I'll give you a comeback alright.

No, my heart is not crooked.
No, I am not a mess - or at least if I am, it's up to me to define it and no one else
and let Jesus (or Buddah, Allah, etc) speak for himself. I don't remember
him making you an apostle.

Acceptable affirmations are "bless your heart"
"I believe in you" and "you are loved".

Use your words wisely.....

Stupid Dickheads!


No comments: